A dish that is seasonal, colourful and warming. Meat less and healthy, it is a fun course to add to your thanksgiving menu or make the most of those halloween moments.
- 6 Small Squash, different types (pumpkin, butternut, red kuri squash)
- 250g Wild Rice
- 200g Feta Cheese
- 50g Sultanas
- 1 Red Onion
- 1/2 Red Pepper
- 60g Roasted Hazelnuts
- 60g Cheddar Cheese, Grated
- 1/2 tsp Mix 4 spices
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 6 Sprigs Fresh Coriander
- Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
2. Wash and dry the squash and bell pepper.
3. Using a chefs knife (or large cerated knife) cut the top off each squash about 2/3 of the way up.
4. Put the top back on then place the squash in an baking dish covered in greaseproof paper.
5. Cook in the oven for around 40 minutes, depending on their size.
6. During this time cook the rice.
7. Cut the feta into small cubes. Crush the hazelnuts.
8. Peel the onion and chop if finely.
9. Cut the bell pepper into small cubes.
10. Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
11. Add the chopped onion and fry for around 10 minutes on a low heat. Add the bell pepper, the 4 spice mix and cook for another 10 minutes.
12. Drain the rice once cooked.
13. Mix together in a large bowl; the rice, onion mixture, feta, hazelnuts, raisins, leaves from the washed coriander and the cheddar. Season well.
14. Remove the squash from the oven and fill each one with a generous helping of the stuffing. Put them back in the oven for another 15 minutes.
Serve hot and enjoy!
Browse the Emile Henry Collection.