Jo Pratt recently popped into our Divertimenti Store and picked up one of Nordic Wares' Frosty Flakes Pan and whipped up these delightful looking Orange Drizzle Snowflake Cakes. She kindly agreed wo let us share the recipe so you can make these at home!
Makes 24 cakelets
125g caster sugar
125 softened butter
50g melted white chocolate
Finely grated zest and juice of 1 orange
175g plain flour
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp ground cinnamon or mixed spice
6 tbsp milk
100g icing sugar
1. Heat the oven to 160C fan/gas 4.
2. Prepare the baking pan by brushing with a little melted butter and dust lightly with flour or use a specific baking spray for baking.
3. Beat together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add the egg, chocolate and orange zest. Beat to combine.
4. Sift together the flour, baking powder, spice and salt.
5. Mix the dry ingredients into the butter mixture alternately with the milk until just combined.
6. Fill the snowflake holes in the tin to just over halfway and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until golden and lightly springy when pressed on the surface.
7. Cool for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
8. Meanwhile make the orange icing by mixing together the icing sugar and enough orange juice to give a loose, smooth consistency. Set aside.
9. Clean and prepare the tin as before, then repeat with the remaining cake batter, you should get 24 cakes in total.
10. Once the cakes are all cooked and totally cool, drizzle over the top with the orange icing. Repeat for a thicker glaze if you fancy.
You can find plenty more delicious baking recipes in Jo Pratts' latest book, The Flexible Baker.