A simple aubergine dish packed with flavour. Topped with a vibrant vinaigrette dressing, it can be enjoyed on its own as a main or served as a satisfying side.
- 2 – 3 medium Aubergines, thickly cut
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 3 cloves garlic, skins on and whole
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) ground toasted cumin
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) olive oil
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 100g soft feta, crumbled
- 80g quick-pickled pink onions, to serve
- Flat leaf parsley and mint, chopped to serve.
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. In a bowl, toss the sliced aubergines in the olive oil and salt and pepper to coat evenly. Arrange in a single layer with the whole garlic cloves in the Le Creuset Classic Dish.
3. Place in the oven for 15 minutes, remove, turn the aubergines over and roast again for 10 - 15 minutes. Remove from the oven. If the aubergines are golden on each side and tender, they are ready. Remove the soft, roasted garlic from the dish, add to a bowl, remove the skins and mash with a fork together with the cumin, remaining olive oil, seasoning and zest and juice of a lemon to taste.
4. Drizzle over the aubergines, top with crumbled feta, pink pickled onions and freshly chopped herbs to serve.
5. To make quick pickled pink onions, simply massage the sliced red onions in a bowl for 10 seconds (using your hands) with the juice of half a lemon and a generous pinch of salt.
6. Cook’s Tip: Add a dash of water and 30g mixed herbs to a blender with the cumin vinaigrette for a vibrant green dressing.