Create these gorgeous and delicious lemon and poppy seed Easter chick cakes to impress your friends and family at Easter! This recipe was created by For The Utter Love of Food, @fortheutterloveoffood, and is made using our Nordic Ware Sweet Treats Bundt Tin.
- 300g Self raising white flour
- 150g Golden caster sugar
- 2 tbsp Poppy seeds
- 2 pinches Sea salt
- 3 tsp Baking powder
- 125ml Lemon flavoured extra virgin olive oil
- 5 Lemons, juice of
- 2 Lemons, zest of
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Pre-heat an oven to 180o
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix lightly until the batter just about combines (do not over mix).
- Grease the easter chick Bundt tin with coconut oil and dust lightly with flour.
- Fill each of the moulds ¾ full and bake in the oven for 25 minutes. (You will know when they have cooked as the sides of the cakes will start to full away from the edge of the tin and the tops of the cakes will start too slightly crack).
- Leave to cool for 10 – 15 minutes before turning out of the tin onto a wire rack to cool completely.