Whip up some freshly baked homemade cookies this Easter using our range of Easter-themed cookie cutters! Cover with chocolate for a delicious treat to share with your family. This recipe was created by For The Utter Love of Food, @fortheutterloveoffood.
- 300g White plain flour
- 30g Coconut flour
- 75g Golden caster sugar
- 175g Dairy free butter, very cold
- 45ml Dairy free milk, very cold
- 1tsp Vanilla extract
- 100g Dark dairy free chocolate
- Mix together the flours and caster sugar.
- Add to the bowl the vanilla extract, cold dairy free butter and dairy free milk. Rub together with your fingertips until you get a smooth dough.
- Roll the dough into a ball, wrap in cling film and leave to rest in the fridge for an hour.
- Pre-heat an oven to 180oc and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and roll out between two pieces of greaseproof paper, to approx. 5mm thick.
- Using your cookie cutter, cut out the shapes and place them onto the lined baking sheets. Repeat this process until you have used all the dough.
- Place in a preheated oven for 15 – 20 minutes (the precise time will depend on your oven) you are looking for cookies that are golden brown in colour.
- Once cooked allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Once cold, melt chocolate in a microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between to ensure it does not burn.
- Once melted, dip your cookies in the chocolate, or add to a piping bag to add specific chocolate detailing.
Enjoy! Serves 20.