This fresh, medetteranian-inspired recipe is quick, easy, and fresh - perfect for warm summer weeknight evenings! Serves 4.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 lemon
- 2 tsp dried oregano (optional)
- 2 garlic clove, crushed
- Good pinch of cinnamon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 flatbreads
- 8 tbsp Greek yogurt
- ½ red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 Little Gem lettuce, finely chopped
- Put the chicken in a bowl. Peel strips of zest from the lemon using a vegetable peeler, juice the lemon too. Add the peel and half the juice to the chicken, along with the oregano (if using), garlic, cinnamon and oil.
- Mix well, cover and chill for an hour. The lemon juice will start to ‘cook’ the chicken, so don’t leave for longer.
- Thread the chicken strips onto a couple of metal skewers to stop them falling through the grate then pop them on the Lotusgrill® for a couple of minutes each side, until cooked.
- Or alternatively use the Teppanyaki Plate which will cook the chicken to perfection. The strips will cook through quickly so don’t leave them too long.
- Warm the flatbreads on the edge of the LotusGrill® for a minute (be careful not to burn), then transfer to plates, spread each with ½ tbsp yogurt.
- Divide the chicken strips between them, then dot on the remaining yogurt and sprinkle over the pepper and lettuce. Fold or roll the flatbreads to eat, add fresh avocado or cherry tomatoes if desired. Enjoy!