This fresh seafood recipe is perfect for whipping up a simple yet delicious dinner when eating with family or friends. Serves 2-4.
- 2 whole trout , gutted and cleaned
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander
- 2 stalks of lemongrass
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 5cm piece of ginger
- 1 fresh red chilli , optional
- 6 fresh, frozen or dried lime leaves
- 4 limes
- Olive oil
- Rinse the fish under cold water and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Twist the stalks off from the bunch of coriander and place in a pestle and mortar, keeping the leaves for the garnish. Remove the outer leaves from the lemongrass, trim and add to the mortar.
- Peel, slice and add the garlic and ginger, then slice and add the chilli (if using). Add the lime leaves, then bash a bit to release the flavours.
- Slice 3 limes, then place a line of the slices in the middle of two pieces of foil. Lay the fish on top and stuff the cavity with the herby mixture, season with sea salt and drizzle with oil. Top with more lime slices and drizzle with more oil and salt.
- Do the same for each fish. Seal the foil parcels and BBQ on the LotusGrill® for 30 minutes or until the flesh is firm.
- Remove the fish from the foil, drizzle with any juices, top with coriander leaves and serve with lime wedges.