SERVES 4-8 :
300 ml water
100 g caster sugar
500 g cherries (stones removed)
juice 1/2 lemon
- 1- Pour the sugar and water into a saucepan and boil for 2 minutes to make a syrup. Allow to cool completely.
- 2- Wash the cherries, remove the stones and purée them. Sieve this purée to remove the pips. Add the lemon juice to the purée. Then whisk the cherries into the syrup.
- 3- Chill for 3-4 hours in the fridge.
- 4- Turn on the Gelato Expert by pressing the Freezer unit button. After approx. 5 minutes the bowl should be ready for use.
- 5- Press the Granita programme and once the paddle begins to turn, pour in the mixture.
- 6- Serve immediately or transfer to an airtight container and place in the freezer for later use.