Simply crack your egg halfway through the cook to achieve that next-level ooze. Baked over a creamy cheese and spinach base, its simplicity is deceivingly delicious!
- 250/330g (8.8/11.6oz) classic pizza dough
- 4 tbsp Classic Pizza Sauce
- 40g (1.4oz) mozzarella, torn into small pieces
- 40g (1.4oz) spinach, steamed
- 1 egg
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Prepare your pizza dough ahead of time. Our Classic Pizza Dough recipe covers everything you need to know.
- For the sauce for this pizza, we recommend preparing Ooni's easy Classic Pizza Sauce. With a hint of garlic, salt and basil, it's the ideal pizza sauce that will help to bring out the flavours in the other ingredients used here.
- Fire up your Ooni pizza oven. Aim for 500˚C (950˚F) on the stone baking board inside. You can check the temperature inside your Ooni quickly and easily using the Ooni Infrared Thermometer.
- Using a small amount of flour, dust your Ooni pizza peel. Stretch the pizza dough ball out to 12”/16” and lay it out on your pizza peel. Using a large spoon or ladle, spread the sauce evenly across the pizza dough base. Top the pizza base with the spinach and mozzarella making sure to leave some space in the middle for the egg.
- Slide the pizza off the peel and into your Ooni pizza oven, cooking it for around 30 seconds until just crisp.
- Remove the pizza from the oven, and keep it on the pizza peel. Drizzle a little olive oil around the centre of the pizza, where the egg will sit. Crack the egg over the centre of the pizza, and place the peel inside the oven – dome the pizza by raising the pizza on the peel toward the roof of the oven, to allow the egg to cook in the residual heat of the oven.
- Once the egg is cooked to your liking, remove the pizza from the oven. Drizzle with a little olive oil and pinch of salt and pepper. Serve immediately.